X-Ray Shielding Lead Glass
X-ray shielding lead glass is a lead-barium glass with more than 60% heavy metal oxide including at least 55% pb0. Both glass surfaces are mirror-polished. X-ray shielding lead glass is used for protection against x-rays in viewing areas in the medical, scientific and nuclear fields.
- Density = 4.36
- Refractive Index = 1.71
- Light Transmission = 87%
- C.T.E. = 80 x 10-7 in 30-380 per degrees C
- 8mm has a 1.8-2.0 lead equivalency at 150KV peak voltage.
- The maximum sheet size is 48" x 96" which we will fabricate to size.
- Also available in 11mm and 14 mm thicknesses to yield 2.5/2.7 and 3.0/3.2 mm lead equivalencies, respectively.
GrayGlass supplies Laminated X-Ray Shielding Safety Glass to meet all architectural safety glazing requirements.
- Laminated X-ray glass is not suitable for locations with heavy bombardment of UV radiation that will degrade the laminate interlayer.
- X-ray glass cannot be tempered.