2010 Allure of the Seas
Reknowned architectural glass artists Arts in Architecture selected GrayGlass to fulfill their vision of colorful glass panels and floor 'petals' for the Casino Entrance of the world's largest cruise ship, Royal Carribean's ALLURE OF THE SEAS.
SEE MORE IMAGES
This complex project included most of GrayGlass's extensive capabilities:
- First, the glass was selected from top grade 12mm low iron Diamante lites
- Next, the panels were CNC Water Jet Cut
- Holes were drilled for mounting hardware
- The complex curves were edge polished
- Then the glass was tempered to safety glass standards
- The panels were then printed on our large format Digital Glass Printer
- A clear protective varnish was oversprayed on the printed surface
- CNC Water Jet cutting of the holes in the customer-supplied Black Marble floor tiles
- Using the same CNC program, cutting the insert glass by water jet.
- Digitally printing the Rose Petal designs on the reverse of the glass inserts
- The client used a white floor mastic to fix the inserts and give good background contrast to the rose petal colors.